Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 24: Bento Days

118_4589The kids liked this one! We had chicken enchiladas the night before, which all I do is throw chicken pieces, 6oz of cream cheese, and 16 oz of salsa in the crock and let it simmer all day, and then wrap it it in a tortilla and bake for 10 min.

We had 2 left over and what better way to use up leftovers than for lunches! I also had made apple and cinnamon scones (you can find the recipe on the recipe page) because of the mass quantities of apples I have in my house, and my daughter loved them! I used larger chunks of apples, but you can put yours in a food processor if you like and make true scones.

 

 

 

 

Today's Menu:

  • Chicken and cheese enchiladas
  • Yogurt
  • rice
  • apple and cinnamon scones

Cost per lunch:  89¢

Kid Rating:   four stars   

Prep Time Cook Time Ready In
30 min 25 min 30 min


Servings Calories Fat Carbs Protein
1 562 11 85 29

No comments:

Post a Comment