Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 29 – Bento Days

Today's Menu:

  • Chicken and vegetable wrap
  • sliced kiwi
  • pretzel sticks with PB
  • corn and black beans

What kid doesn’t love a wrap? It’s complete finger food and has all their favorites inside. In this wrap, I use shredded chicken. I grill a chicken breast and then just toss it in my food processor and pulse for about 1 min, till it’s completely shredded. I mix that with a tad bit of light mayo and spoon a bit on to a wrap. Remember, you don’t want your wrap too thick. Then I add on veggies and wrap it up and slice it in half and stick both half in the box.

Also, shredded chicken keeps in the fridge for up to a week, you can use it at home as well, for salads. I usually have some on hand, so the times here aren’t including cooking chicken. Also, remember to rinse both your corn and beans (if you’re using canned) as most of the sodium will wash right off.

Cost per lunch:  62¢

Kid Rating:   

 

Prep Time Cook Time Ready In
5 min 0 min 5 min


Servings Calories Fat Carbs Protein
1 507 16 71 16

1 comment:

  1. Where da pit-cha's? Of da food? -Chris Ingram

    ReplyDelete