Thursday, September 1, 2011

Homemade Clif Bars (Chocolate Brownie Flavor)

118_4279We eat the heck out of some Clif Bars in this house. I love them, hubby loves them, even the kids love them. So a box of six can go rather quick in this house. And when that box is six bucks, well, that can add up. So I set out to make my own. And I think I’ve found a pretty good recipe!
Cost per bar : 47¢









Prep Time Freeze Time Ready In
5 min 40 min 45 min


Servings Calories Fat Carbs Protein
9 242 9 48 5

118_4278

What you’ll need:
  • 2 cups of rolled oats
  • 1/2 cups of flax seed, ground
  • 1/2 cup of honey 
  • 1/3 cup of water
  • 1 cup of chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup of peanut butter


What 'you’ll do:
Mix all ingredients together. Pat into a 9x9 or 8x8 inch square pan. Freeze for 40 min. Cut into 12 bars, and enjoy at room temperature!

4 comments:

  1. Beth, can these be frozen for storage for a few weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh abosolutely Wendy! I'd cover them, so they don't get freezer burn, but they'll be just fine. And let me tell you, I tasted the dough earlier and it was good, but the bar, after the oats have had time to soak up all that goodness, C'EST SI BON!

    It's almost like a dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we are not going anywhere this weekend now I might make these and freeze them for snacks! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recipe states 9 servings and 242 calories. If you cut them into 12 does this mean they are 180 calories each?

    ReplyDelete