Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 20 Bento Days

2011-09-23 07.41.44_North Platte_Nebraska_US My daughter specifically asked me yesterday for Mac and cheese. My son wanted more linguine alfredo. So I compromised by giving them mac and alfredo. The alfredo sauce is homemade, and if you’ve not yet tried it, you should. It’s seriously easy, just melting some butter and garlic in a pot, adding in some flour, and then some fat free half and half and brining to a boil. I add a touch of sea salt for a bit of flavor and the kids just love it! And the fat free half and half provides a low cal, low fat option to store bought. You can also use regular half and half if you’re not worried about a bit of fat.

Today's Menu:

  • Mac and alfredo sauce
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 slice of Italian bread
  • trail mix

 

 

Cost per lunch:  69¢

Kid Rating: 17-3_5

Prep Time Cook Time Ready In
5 min 10 min 15 min


Servings Calories Fat Carbs Protein
1 412 17 59 12

No comments:

Post a Comment