Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

118_4474

So as you guys know, I’m a big fan of whole wheat flour. I prefer the white wheat, but will use regular bran whole wheat over white flour any day. Well, I get emails sometimes asking me for substitutions on things, like eggs, or nuts, but it took having a little girl in my daughters class with a gluten allergy and my turn at making snacks for me to realize that whole wheat isn’t always best .So I turned to my friend Wendy over at Gluten Free Momma, to see what sort of snacks I could make.

She had a recipe for gluten free banana bread, and with a few mods, I turned them into muffins for the class!  Thanks Wendy for this recipe!

I doubled the recipe, but I’ll put the single portions in here in case you want to make either one loaf of bread or 18 muffins.

 

 

What you’ll need:

2 cups of brown rice flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
4 mashed bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup applesauce (I used pear sauce that was homemade that I canned not that long ago).
1/3 cup canola oil (I used olive oil as I don’t like canola oil)
1 tsp vanilla

What you’ll do:

1. Mix together your flour, baking soda salt and sugar.

2. Mix your wet ingredients, the eggs, bananas, applesauce, vanilla and oil. I used a food processor to really mash those bananas up.

3. Mix your wet and dry ingredients, and spoon it into a muffin pan, giving each cup about 2/3 of the way full with batter, or spoon batter into a 9x5 bread loaf.

4. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes for the muffins and 45 minutes for the bread.

5. Eat and PROFIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment