Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 31 Bento Days

118_5032 Well, here’s a perfect example of living in the real world. I had Chili on Sunday night. I made enough to have left overs for the kids on Monday.. However, I was not betting on my husband literally polishing it off last night. So! I already put up the menu, the info, etc. However, I won’t have a picture because we didn’t have chili today. Thanks hubby! :)

Today's lunch is going to be very fun though, and I can’t wait till tomorrow morning to get a picture! Basically, you make mac and cheese. Now I’m going to use wide egg noodles (whole wheat of course) because I want to give my lion a curly mane, but use whatever you have or want! So. Fill your bento container with mac and cheese and then out of either cheese or lunchmeat, make a lions head with ears. I use nori paper to fill in the ears and then make the eyes, nose and mouth.

 

 

 

Today's Menu:

  • Mac and cheese, lion style
  • orange slices
  • celery sticks
  • peanut butter

 

Cost per lunch:  56¢

Kid Rating:

Prep Time Cook Time Ready In
5 min 10 min 15 min


Servings Calories Fat Carbs Protein
1 511 18 71 20

No comments:

Post a Comment