Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 2: Day 3 Bento Days

118_4212Well, today was an easy day :) I packed leftovers from last night and threw some veggies and fruit in there and voilĂ ! We have lunch. I made Mushroom Alfredo last night, and it was my first time homemaking Alfredo sauce. I couldn’t believe the difference! It was creamier, it tasted better and it was about $1 cheaper per 2 cups than you’d find in the store. And that’s for the Classico or Bertolli. If you wanted “good stuff” it’d be much cheaper, yet, I really feel it rivals the good stuff. I even used half and half instead of whole cream to make it lighter and better for you.

The bread was not mine sadly. I am able to find at our local bakery, really good deals sometimes, and that loaf was 60¢, which I couldn’t pass up.

The only complaint I had today is that Matthew prefers cantaloupe to honeydew and they didn’t like the Alfredo so cold. Maybe next time, I shouldn’t add the freezer pack in with pasta, when it has no meat.

 

Today’s Menu:

  • Mushroom Alfredo
  • Italian Everything Bread
  • Honeydew
  • Cucumber sticks

Cost per lunch: 56¢

Kid Rating: 17-3_5

Prep Time Cook Time Ready In
5 min 0 min 5 min

 

Servings Calories Fat Carbs Protein
1 287 11 40 7

No comments:

Post a Comment