Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 3: Day 1 Bento Days

118_4242

I was up at 5:50 this morning with a poor teething baby, so what else should I do besides bake a pan of brownies and make some homemade calzones? For those of you that think this sounds daunting, please know, that making calzones is quite easy and fast. You can go to my recipes page and see the recipe I have for homemade calzones. It takes about 7 min to prep and knead the dough, and then for these mini calzones you’ll want to put them in the oven at 425ยบ for about 20 minutes, turning them the last 5 to brown both sides. Paired with marinara sauce, it’s a great lunch and kids finger food. My kids came home today with empty lunchboxes and claimed “we loved lunch today Mom!”. Which means, I’m doing  my job ;)

Today’s Menu

  • Mini Cheese Calzones with marinara
  • Carrot sticks with ranch dressing (homemade yum!)
  • Plum
  • Homemade brownies

Cost per lunch: 64¢

Kid Rating:    four and a half stars  

Prep Time Cook Time Ready In
7 min 15 min 21 min

 

Servings Calories Fat Carbs Protein
1 513 14 73 17

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I bet I could make the dough for those gluten free and Randy would love those. Great ideas Beth. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete